Re: ginput for octave

From: Stef Pillaert
Subject: Re: ginput for octave
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:59:05 +0200

<Hi Dr. Hodel,

<I have been following the octave news group for the past few months
<and I am very-much interested in the octave controls toolbox.
<I am currently trying to compile octave-2.1.14 on my Red Hat
<Linux 5.2 box, but I notice that MATLAB functions
<such as: ginput(), gtext(), and rlocfind() are conspicuously absent.
<Are these MATLAB-type functions somewhere in octave-2.1.14?
<If not, is there a mechanism in octave, gnuplot, or others that will
<permit the mouse click to return graphical-coordinate data?
<If not, is there a plan to add that capability in the future?

<Thanks,
<Steve Barker
<Buffalo State College

If I remember, a (long) while ago someone contributed a ginput.cc. I just
gave it a short test then, and it seemeed to work. If you don't find it on
the list, let me know, I should be able to find it somewhere on my machine
(I hope)

Stef.