Re: Matlab File Format

From: Jonathan M Hill
Subject: Re: Matlab File Format
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:10:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hello;

    I had a small experience with the Matlab file API, I was able to run
some of the simple examples and produce a Matlab save file. One question
that dogged me, was whether it is possible to run the Matlab file API on
a machine that does not have Matlab already installed.  I was not able
to find documentation that confirmed or denied this...

    It is my guess that if you can somehow statically link your code
against Malab, then you can produce code that will run on a machine that
does not have Matlab installed.  I run Matlab on University owned W95
machines and run Octave on my own Linux-only box.  Since I don't own a
copy of Matlab for Linux,  the idea of using the Matlab API did not work
for me.
                                                Jonathan Hill