Re: Octave 2.0.13 for linux & Seg fault

From: viveks-octave
Subject: Re: Octave 2.0.13 for linux & Seg fault
Date: 20 May 1999 11:01:49 -0000

On Thu, 20 May 1999, I wrote:

> However, Octave seems to work ONLY for user 'root'. When invoked from a
> normal user, it quits after "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". What could
> be the reason?

There were two conflicting executables of the same package on
/usr/local/bin and /usr/bin. I removed older versions from /usr/local/bin
and octave works now for both root and normal users.

Thanks for all those who helped. You can now IGNORE ALL MY MAILS on this
subject posted earler. :)))

Regards,

Vivek...