Where is info? (was Re: Installing Octave for Windows 95)

From: John Fletcher
Subject: Where is info? (was Re: Installing Octave for Windows 95)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:37:54 +0000

> Date:          Tue, 11 May 1999 19:41:21 -0400 (EDT)
> To:            address@hidden
> Cc:            help-octave <address@hidden>
> Subject:       Installing Octave for Windows 95
> From:          Dirk Eddelbuettel <address@hidden>

> Under NT 4.0 SP3, I used 2.0.13 with cygwin b19, and it didn't work very well
>  [ compared to the Linux version ] when more memory was used.

Thank you for this, which is more or less what I have done so far.
When I try to run the help index it cannot find info, which seems not
to be in either octave or the B19 distribution.

> However, with a new computer, I tried cygwin b20.1 and it works very well.
> The downside is that it is a bit of a pain to install. You
> -- need to install cygwin b20.1 (and better take the version with compiler)
> -- should install egcs 1.2 from Mumit Khan's site which can be installed
>    over cygwin b20.1 (Mumit is core contributor to egcs)
> <snip>
> Hope this helps, Dirk

Indeed it does.  Does B20 have info in it?

Thanks

John

> --
> According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.

An underestimate, I'lld say.  What are the error bounds?

Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: address@hidden
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.
CEAC Web site http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/