Help with running octave within xemacs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Help with running octave within xemacs
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:52:46 -0500 (CDT)

On 16-Apr-1999, Michael Numminen <address@hidden> wrote:

| I have some questions about xemacs-20.4. Before I useed emacs-20.x but
| now I use xemacs-20.4 mostly becous it has a nice look. Before I could
| run octave within emacs, but now when I try to run octave in xemacs-20.4
| (M-x run-octave) or enter the octave-mode (M-x octave-mode) I get the
| following messages:
|
|         Unknown keyword octave-auto.indent
|
| and octave will not started as it done before.
|
| I have update the new .emacs file with the same code with respect to
| octave which I had in my old .emacs file. So with respect to octave code
| it should be equal. What happen? And what is wrong.
|
| I have heard that there is people who run octave within xemacs and it's
| work fine. So I wonder if there is some octave.el or something?
|
| I use Linux Red Hat 5.0.

Hmm.  It works for me with XEmacs 20.4 and the Emacs Lisp files that
are distributed with Octave 2.0.14.

I'm not sure what the problem could be.  I'm certainly no expert on
the differences between GNU Emacs and XEmacs.

What version of Octave do you have?  Are you using .elc files that
were byte compiled with a different version of Emacs?

jwe