Resizing xterm while running Octave

From: Dirk Laurie
Subject: Resizing xterm while running Octave
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:33:06 +0200 (SAT)

[I'm still on 2.0.13]

I get annoyed with Octave using a pager for output, which then vanishes
off my screen, or splitting a matrix into two parts, so I resize the xterm
to have more lines or columns respectively.  Octave does not notice the
difference and fails to use the extra space.

system('resize') resets the environment variables COLUMNS and LINES,
but Octave takes no notice.  I can't find any variables with
who -builtins
that seem to be related to xterm size.

If I quit Octave and restart, Octave does use the extra space.

How can I persuade Octave to notice a resizing of the xterm without
quitting?

TIA

Dirk