Re: Suggest to add more math functions like 'cbrt'

From: heberf
Subject: Re: Suggest to add more math functions like 'cbrt'
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:47:56 -0600 (CST)

Walter,

If these functions are included whith gcc/c++ then it would be trivial to write
a dynamically linked function (a .oct file) which does them.  Why don't you try
it and if it works then post the code?  You don't have to mess with the octave
sources at all.  Adding dynamically linked functions can be done at any time.
If you've never written one then just read the octave manual under dynamically
linked functions.  You owe it to yourself to learn to do this anyway.  You can
speed up a lot of things by writing them this way rather than as m-files.

Heber Farnsworth

address@hidden