contour AND plot(,,'o')

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: contour AND plot(,,'o')
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:37:27 -0600 (CST)

On 23-Mar-1999, Daniel Heiserer <address@hidden> wrote:

| How can I make a contour plot, hold it and the do a 'o' line plot?
|
| The following doesn't work. All I tried returned crap.

You want to superimpose a 2d plot and a contour plot, right?
Unfortunately, I don't think gnuplot can do this.  I think the reason
is that gnuplot does contouring as a special case of 3d plotting, and
there is no way to get gnuplot to do 2d and 3d plotting at the same
time.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, or ask the gnuplot people if it
is correct, or if there will ever be a way to do what you want.

I agree that gnuplot is not perfect.  Unless you are willing to
provide code or funding to make things better, I don't think there is
any need to complain about it again.

Thanks,

jwe