Re: is octave compatible with matlab 5.2?

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: is octave compatible with matlab 5.2?
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 12:44:35 -0600

>Thanks for replying so promptly!
>
>> A better answer would require a bit more information on what you're
>> looking for.
>
>Well, I've developed a toolbox (for Bayesian networks) which makes
>extensive use of multidimensional arrays and structures. Can octave
>handle these? (I'm giving my toolbox away, but that doesn't help people
>who don't already own matlab.)

The main release of Octave (2.0.13) handles 1 and 2-d arrays and
C-style data structures.  The bleeding edge releases additionally
handle 1-d list data structures.  From that, I'd say that your toolbox
is MATLAB-dependent enough to require extensive rewriting for Octave
use.  However, perhaps there are others on the list who'd be interested
in working with you on the port to Octave.

A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elect Eng, Auburn Univ,AL  36849-5201
On leave at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (256) 544-1426
Address until 15 Mar 2000:Mail Code ED-13, MSFC, Alabama, 35812
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~scotte