sqrtm

From: Van den Eynde Gert
Subject: sqrtm
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:01:01 +0100

Hi,

I recently bumped into a very recent article by
Nick Higham about computing the matrix square root
in a better way than is used now in Matlab and Octave.

He includes an m-file in the article, but it seems
it's going to be part of the next Matlab release.

Is it (legally) possible to include this also in
Octave ? Maybe not the mfile itself, but if it gets
coded into liboctave I see no problem....

Here's the link:

ftp://ftp.ma.man.ac.uk/pub/narep/narep336.ps.gz

I also read the request for QP and NLP software on
the mailing list, maybe it's worth having a look here:

 http://solon.cma.univie.ac.at/~neum/glopt.html

He's got a bunch of links to (free) optimisation
software (LP, QP, NLP, Global optimisation,...).

Sincere greetings,

Gert Van den Eynde.

                                '''''
                               (-o-o-)
| Gert Van den Eynde                      mailto:address@hidden |
| SCK-CEN                      http://www.sckcen.be/people/gvdeynde |
| FLINS                                                             |
| Boeretang 200                                                     |
| B-2400 Mol               .oooO                                    |
| Belgium                  (   )   Oooo.                            |
                                   (_/