Compiling Octave on Solaris 7

From: Colin Desmond
Subject: Compiling Octave on Solaris 7
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:54:34 -0000

Hello,

Has anyone managed to compile Octave 2-0-13 on x86 Solaris 7? I am using gcc,
c++, g77 2.7.2.3.f.1 and libstdc++ 2.7.2 and I am configureing with both /
either of -enable-dl and -with-g77.
 I am having the following problems:

NONE of the FORTRAN files in libcruft are being compiled despite configure
accepting that g77 is OK.

The mkoctfile script has no link libraries in it and so I can't link hello.cc
or the orgenator.cc in the examples dir.

Does nayone have any ideas how I can overcome these problems,

Thanks,

Colin
address@hidden