please help a novice octave user.

From: Gary Church
Subject: please help a novice octave user.
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 12:20:54 -0800

Hi.

I'm just begining to learn the in's and out's of Octave and have made
some progress on my own but would appreciate some minor help.

I'm using Octave version for OS/2 (release 2.0.13)

When I invoke one of my own *.m scripts, I'm always returned the path to
the script before the script runs. Is it possible to disable this?

the "diary" command seems not to function properly. It doesn't create a
file containing the input and output from my own scripts. Is there a fix
or work-around for this?

Thanks for your help,
Gary.