problem with gifimage function (octave crash)

From: Stefano Ghirlanda
Subject: problem with gifimage function (octave crash)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:14:02 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

Hi,
I have problems with the gifimage function: it works on some gifs but not
others, according to which programs create the image. I attach three
files:

face_pnm.gif - created saving a matrix from octave, the using ppmtogif,
               this is read correctly by gifimage

face_gimp.gif - created opening the gif above, modifying it with the gimp,
                saving in gif format. gifimage crashes octave.

face_xv.gif - created exporting from the gimp as pnm, and converting to
              gif via xv. octave crashes.

Please let me know if someone can reproduce this crashes or if there is
something wrong with my software. I really need to importa back in octave
images manipulated with the gimp.

Thanks for for your time,
Stefano

 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 164055, Fax: +46 8 167715, Email: address@hidden
   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se