Problems installing Octave under Windows 95

From: Dave Borger
Subject: Problems installing Octave under Windows 95
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:59:03 -0800

OK, quick update and followup question on my Windows 95 binary
installation:
 First of all the problem I was having with CAT being found by DOS but
not sh
went away.  I'm not sure what I did but it is now consistently available
even after reboots.

A couple of lines of the installation program still failed but I think I

was able to manually copy most of the required files to the appropriate
destinations.  Octave loads; a=[your example] and a\b work properly;
help
works; exit works; however 'columns' and 'rows' return the message
'undefined near line 8 column 1.'  Can you tell from this admittedly
brief
example if the problem is likely do to some files which did not copy.
If
so, can you tell me what needs to go where so I can move them manually.

Thanks

Dave