Memory exhausted

From: Eduardo Gallestey
Subject: Memory exhausted
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:11:49 +1100

Hi,

I am working on a Fortran/C++ routine for solving PDEs under octave. The
routine should return a matrix of size 100 times 100, say.

After the calculation is finished (done correctly!), I get the following
message from octave:

"error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt"

Now any new command will make octave to quit with the message:

"error: unable to find current directory
xrealloc: out of virtual memory
xmalloc: out of virtual memory "

The question is: is a matrix 100 X 100 really too large for octave or is
there a problem with my Fortran/C++ routine? My routine does use a lot
of memory, but I am getting the problem when the whole thing is finished
(!?). Has someone any idea about where to look for the mistake?

Many thanks,
Eduardo