Re: Hi, ...

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: Hi, ...
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:31:57 +0000

Hi,

At <http://www.mathworks.com/ftp/optimsv4.shtml> you can find several
optimization algoritms. I tried dsmax with sucess on Octave with only
very small modofications.

The Mathworks download license says:

 The rules for M-file submissions are,

        1. The authors name and address (e-mail or otherwise) must
           be included.

        5. All files submitted should represent your own work and
include
           no material copyrighted by The MathWorks or any other party.

        6. This archive is publicly accessible.  All files submitted
           to the archive are subject to public distribution.  Please
           submit only those files you wish to be put into the public
           domain.

And I supose that they can be distributed with Octave. As I am not an
Optimization guru, I can't rewrite those functions "without looking the
code", but I can adapt them for use with Octave. Is it legal?

Joao

--
Joao Cardoso                |   e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110   |   tel:    + 351 2 2094322