Re: step?

From: El Jeffo
Subject: Re: step?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 02:20:05 -1000 (HST)

> | How can you rewrite something, which src's is available without copying
> | at least parts of the code (m-files)???
> Don't read the source.

I think this is what AMD had to do to prove their innocence when Intel
tried to fry them for copying microcode.  They threw a programmer into a
black box and told him, "code!", and showed even how a person who never
say intel's microcode would produce the same code.

I think it worked, and perhaps that's what we have to do here.  In the end
I think AMD won, but it was like years past by then.  Hope that part
doesn't happen here...

Jeff