Re: step?

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: Re: step?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:28:01 +0100

El Jeffo wrote:

> Anyone familiar with the matlab function "step()" which kinda gives a
> graph of some lti system?  or can I just steal the step.m file from matlab
> and use it in octave?  Anyone else ever borrowed .m files from matlab?  Is
> it legal?  (just want a matlab like program for linux cause I don't want
> to reboot to windows)

I won't steel it (Copyright) ;-). But if you have it, you probably paid
for it
and than it's yours and you can do with it what you want (I think).

Yes I used matlab #.m files in octave.
Just try it. Maybe it doesn't work, so you have to modify it a little.
Graphicommands make problems normally. GUI won't work at all.

Maybe you probably step into a kind of nesting, which means
this m-file requires other m-files, which themself require other m-files
..... .

Just look at your path in matlab and expand your octave path to that
one.
Than try to ran that stuff. Maybe a few matlab builtin functions and
features
are missing. You can try to fix these by writing some m-files
expanding octaves feature to matlab compatibility and put them in a
directory like
"matlab_emu".

Well that is what I did. The effort you have with it depends what
m-files you want to use.

Anyway I use matlab too. :-)

Bye

--