mx_div_conform and egcs-1.1.1

From: Gordon Haverland
Subject: mx_div_conform and egcs-1.1.1
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:04:41 -0700

Hi:
  I'm trying to compile octave 2.0.13 on Linux using
EGCS-1.1.1.  The first compile of the stable
octave had a couple of compile problems, so I applied
patches *90 and *91, and tried to compile it again.
The problems the first compile turned up all seemed
to be resolved, but now I get a bunch of messages
in compiling xdiv.cc about various forms of
mx_div_conform being an undefined reference.
The only patches that involve this code are the *90 and
*91 patches, which were applied.  How do you get past this?

Thanks.
Gordon Haverland