Re: Subplot command

From: José Daniel Muñoz Frías
Subject: Re: Subplot command
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:34:01 +0100

William H. Lipscomb wrote:

> (2) Is it possible to use subscripts, superscripts, and Greek letters in a
> key?  For instance, can I label a line as x^2, but with the 2 as a
> superscript next to the x so that it's not necessary to use the caret?

If you like to put the plot in a latex document you can write a latex
equation as a label and then save the plot in pslatex format. for
example:

gset term pslatex auxfile
gset output "outfile.psl"
title('$|\\psi_R|$');
plot(t(1:Inc:Fin),ModFl2(1:Inc:Fin));
gset term X11
gset output "/dev/null"

The last two lines sends the future plots to a X11 window

This has a little problem with the '\' character. If you put only one,
is dissapears in the latex file. If you put two '\' then you must edit
the generated file and remove the additional '\' before import this file
in the latex document. Sorry, but I don't now any better method. For me
it's OK

Hope this helps.

Dani.
José Daniel Muñoz Frías                address@hidden

Universidad Pontificia Comillas
ICAI. Depto. Electrónica y Automática

Alberto Aguilera 23
28015 Madrid, Spain

Telf. 34-1-5422800                           Fax: 34-1-5596569