Re: Subplot command

From: William H. Lipscomb
Subject: Re: Subplot command
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:18:40 -0700

> 2. You must tell Octave that Gnuplot supports multiplot.
>    The variable "gnuplot_has_multiplot" must be true.
>    Perhaps this is the only thing you have to do.
>
> Kai
>
> --
>  Kai P. Mueller
>  Control Department (Regelungstechnik) | Phone [+49] (531) 391-3835
>  Technical University Braunschweig     | Fax   [+49] (531) 391-5194
>  D-38092 Braunschweig                  | Email address@hidden

Dear Kai,

Thanks very much for helping with my Octave problem.  You were right that
all I have to do is set "gnuplot_has_multiplot" to a nonzero value.

Since I wrote my earlier note I've come up with two more questions, and I
was wondering if you know the answer.

(1) Is it possible in Octave to insert text into a plot?  In Matlab this
can be done with the text command: text (xcoord, ycoord, 'TEXT').  But
this command produces an error message in Octave.

(2) Is it possible to use subscripts, superscripts, and Greek letters in a
key?  For instance, can I label a line as x^2, but with the 2 as a
superscript next to the x so that it's not necessary to use the caret?

Thanks again,

Bill Lipscomb