Re: compile problem on redhat linux

From: Stefano Ghirlanda
Subject: Re: compile problem on redhat linux
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:39:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi Huaiyu,

> Hope the following might help. I upgraded from RH4.2 to RH5.1, yesterday
> (a step behind you, but who needs upgrade if things have been working
> perfectly?).

I upgraded because some kernel modules became corrupted and I couldn't
exaclty find what went wrong...

> My octave 2.0.13 also broke on C++. Turned out to be
> a package like egcs++ or some similar name. I just searched the CD for
> all names with ++ and rpm -Uhv --force. Afterwards octave compiles without
> a hitch.

Didn't work for me... unfortunately... I'll think this over after
Christmas and wait for inspiration.

Thanks to everyone for your help,
Stefano

 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 164055, Fax: +46 8 167715, Email: address@hidden
   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se