compile problem on redhat linux

From: Stefano Ghirlanda
Subject: compile problem on redhat linux
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:29:19 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
I recently upgraded to redhat 5.2, from 5.1. My octave 2.0.12
understandably crashed at startup, due to change in the libraries.
So I try to recompile it. I tried both with the sources I had and with a
source rpm (the binary rpm in the redhat contrib directory also has
incompatible libstdc++). I get the same error:

lo-ieee.cc: In function `void octave_ieee_init()':
lo-ieee.cc:95: `NAN' undeclared (first use this function)
lo-ieee.cc:95: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
lo-ieee.cc:95: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [lo-ieee.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/BUILD/octave-2.0.13/liboctave'
make[1]: *** [liboctave] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/BUILD/octave-2.0.13'
make: *** [all] Error 2

although the ./configure runs fine. It also says that isnan is found, if
that matters.
I *never* had any problems in compiling octave, so maybe something went
wrong with the upgrade procedure...

Any idea?
Thanks,
Stefano

 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 164055, Fax: +46 8 167715, Email: address@hidden
   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se