Re: Problem with "gset term linux"

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: Problem with "gset term linux"
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 15:09:05 -0000 (GMT)

On 12-Dec-98 Vitaliy A Repin wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 07:29:07PM +0100, Jonas Bofjall wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, Vitaliy A Repin wrote:
>>
>> > But when I typed in Octave: "gset term linux" it writes me:
>> > line 0: Linux terminal driver not available
>>
>> Are you sure you have access to the console?
>> AFAIK you have to run the program as root if you use SVGALIB.
>
> Yes. I run this program as root.
>
> Another suggestons?

It may possibly be (indeed probably is) that you do not have the "linux"
terminal compiled in to the gnuplot binary you are using.

Open gnuplot on its own and type "set term" (or, in octave, type
"gset term"): if you do not see "linux" in the list of terminal types
which this gives then you certainly do not have it compiled in.
In that case, your only solution is to re-compile gnuplot or find a
binary which includes the "linux" term.

If you do see "linux" it may still be possible that you do not have it,
but it more likely that there is some other problem. The solution,
however, is likely to be the same as above ...

Good luck, and best wishes.
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 12-Dec-98                                       Time: 15:09:05