M-files to C++ (some tips)

From: Frederik Barth
Subject: M-files to C++ (some tips)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 00:37:59 +0100

Recently, I asked about ways to convert Matlab (Octave) files to C++
(Thanks to all who gave me some advise!), and there was also a thread
on C-libraries for matrix manipulation.

Someone kindly pointed me to Matcom from Mathtools. I downloaded
the demo, but the software is full of bugs and crashes. It doesn't work
with VC 5 'as seen on TV' either. An unstable program for a lot of
money.

However, I finally found some older versions on some FTP servers,
they include the source code and seem to do the job, but are also
great for Matlab (Octave)-like C++ programming.

You can locate the files using http://ftpsearch.ntnu.no/ftpsearch
The filenames are:
matcom15.zip - freeware (~1MB)
matcom20.zip - shareware (~800kB)

The source code is not really readable, but at least matcom15
compiles just fine under VC++ 5/Win98. Matcom20 didn't
compile, but can use external BLAS implementations under
UNIX.

Thought these findings might help some folks...

    Frederik Barth