Including dMatrix.h in a C++ file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Including dMatrix.h in a C++ file
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:50:31 -0600 (CST)

On 29-Oct-1998, Suttipan Limanond <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm sorry to bother the list again.
|
| I'm trying to use a Matrix object inside one of my class. I have
| #include dMatrix.h" in my source file. However, I got the following
| compilation errors
|
| .../liboctave/DiagArray2.h:35: lo-error.h: No such file or directory
| .../liboctave/data-conv.h:41: #error "No 2 byte integer type found!"
| .../liboctave/data-conv.h:49: #error "No 4 byte integer type found!"

I'd guess that the reason this fails is that you didn't include
Octave's config.h header file first.  The config.h file contains
platform-specific information that was determined when Octave's
configure script was run.

| I also tried using "include <octave/oct.h>" instead, but the
| compiler doesn't know what the prefix `octave' is.

When you installed Octave, the header files should have been installed
in $prefix/include/octave-VERSION, with a symbolic link named
$prefix/include/octave pointing to it.  The value of $prefix is
normally /usr/local.  If the installation is right, you should be able
to include files using lines like

  #include <octave/oct.h>

in your sources.

jwe