Re: Octave Control Toolbox

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: Octave Control Toolbox
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 08:19:09 -0500

>Dear Sr,
>  At first, I want to give you thanks for your work in the OCST.
>
>I'm trying to use it but I have some questions:
>
>  Is necessary to complile the .cc files in the control directory?

    No, these are not required.  If compiled they replace some of
    the m-files in the OCST with .oct files.

>  How can I obtaing the close loop system from the open one (in the 'sys'
>   representation)?

    Run DEMOcontrol and select "block diagram manipulations"; this will
    give several examples.

    Or, you can look at the help-octave archive for Sept. 25, 1998 at
    http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/mailing-lists/help-octave/1998/

>ej:
>
>            +       +-------+
>   --------->O----->|  A(s) |------------>
>             |-     +-------+    |
>             |                   |
>             +-------------------+
>or:

>                    +-------+

A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elect Eng, Auburn Univ,AL  36849-5201
On leave at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (205) 544-1426