Re: More: Changing the legend

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: More: Changing the legend
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 17:51:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Daniel Heiserer wrote:
> Can I get a feedback of the position of my mouse on the gnuplot window?
> E.G. I pick somewhere on the plot an octave tells me which position this
> was.

I wrote ginput.oct file which allows you to do this.

To quote my own post to help-octave of 11 sept 97:

>I finally got around to learning a little X programming and
>wrote a *.oct file that you can dynamically load.
>
>It takes over control of the mouse, and allows you to click
>with button 1 and terminates with buttons 2 or 3.
>
>here's the help:
>   octave:1> help ginput
>   ginput is a builtin function
>
>   [...] = ginput (...)
>
>   GINPUT: gets points mouse clicks on the screen
>
>   [x,y]= ginput(axis)
>    x -> x coordinates of the points
>    y -> y coordinates of the points
>
>    axis -> if specified then the first 2 (or 4) clicks
>         must be on the appropriate axes. x and y (or just x
>         if only 2 points specified ) will then be normalised.
>
>   for example: x=ginput([1 10])
>      the first two clicks should correspond to x=1 and x=10
>      subsequent clicks will then be normalized to graph units.
>
>   for example: [x,y]=ginput;
>      gives x and y in screen pixel units (upper left = 0,0 )
>
>   select points with button #1. Buttons 2 and 3 quit

It's available at

http://www.mondenet.com/~adler/octave

the compile details are in the source.
Andy Adler      | American Biometric Company  | Tel:(613)736-5100x154
address@hidden | 3429 Hawthorne Rd,Ottawa,ON | Fax:(613)736-1348