Unidentified subject!

From: Al Goldstein
Subject: Unidentified subject!
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 12:57:58 -0700

To: heberf <address@hidden> ?? does this exist?
Subject: Re: f77 on Solaris 2.6

On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, heberf wrote:
Heber

Here are some tips. I can't spare the time to do it for you now.
1) The sun compilers are much faster than the gnu compilers. I didn't
realize that when I built octave on the sparc platform.
If I were to rebuild octave I'd use the Sun compilers.

A simple solution for you would be to import the free ware g77-gcc.
Then build octave with them. Get a version of gcc that includes g77 and c++.

It's been sometime since I used the sparc platform. The octave was 2.0.8.
If that satisfies you I can move it over for you to download.

..Al