Octave

From: David Whitaker
Subject: Octave
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:42:37 +1200

I have installed the binary distribution of Octave 2.0.13 for NT using bash
following the installation instructions.  It seems to run fine, except I
cannnot use matrices which are 8 by 8 or larger.  I get "broken pipe"
messages for a command like  X=ones(8,8).  It works Ok for X=ones(7,8).

I cannot see where the size limits are in the manual, but it seems my
version is restricted to quite small matrices.   Is this usual?

thnks Dave Whitaker