Re: Changing the legend

From: John Logsdon
Subject: Re: Changing the legend
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:38:48 +0100 (BST)

Preben

Assuming you use the default gnuplot, try

m=1:10;plot(m,m,"-;Hello;")
n=1.5:9.5;l=10-n;hold on
plot(n,l,"@1;There;")
j=2.5:.75:7.5;j2=j.*j/5;plot(j2,j,"+-;;")

This will produce a 45 degree line, a -45 degree set of points and a third
a line with '+'s that is a curve that goes through the intersection.  The
label of the first is Hello, the second is There and there is no third
label.

There are various other options.  I don't think you can move the position
of the legend though - perhaps by getting into the gnuplot commands this
can be done.  Try help -i plot and look for FMT - the lines are defined a
few pages down but the labeling I think I saw on this mailling list some
time ago from the great and one-and-only jwe.

I used 2.0.9, which is getting a little old now.

John