RE: Changing the legend

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: Changing the legend
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:49:55 +0100 (BST)

On 11-Aug-98 Preben Randhol wrote:
> Hi I am was wondering if somebody could explain how I change the
> legend name from line 1, line 2... to something more describing?
>
> In matlab there was a function called legend, but it does not seem to
> be the same in octave.
>
> I am sorry that I have only browsed quickly at the manual, but I have
> a report that I need to get finished ASAP, so if anybody could be so
> kind to give me the solution I would appreciate it a lot!

Since you seem to be using octave's default gnuplot graphics, you can use the
gnuplot commands to change the "legends", called "keys" in gnuplot. Start up
gnuplot, and check out "help set key". The interface between octave and gnuplot
for this sort of thing is the "gset" command.

Hope this helps,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 11-Aug-98                                       Time: 13:49:55