Re: Eigenvalues computation

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: Eigenvalues computation
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:12:15 -0500

Octave's eig routine does not sort eigenvalues;  if you're
trying to track eigenvalue variation (which I've also been
doing for my work here), you may wish to use
the sortcom routine that I wrote for the octave controls
toolbox ftp://ftp.eng.auburn.edu/pub/hodel.  There's
an updated version that I need to put out that will take
the same calling syntax as the sort routine; the current
version only returns the sorted values and doesn't always
put conjugate pairs in the same order.  I'll have the new version
out later today.

A S Hodel Dept Elect Eng, Auburn Univ,AL  36849-5201
On leave at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (205) 544-1426