Re: RedHat Linux

From: Ben Skelton
Subject: Re: RedHat Linux
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:34:52 +1200

Hi Mike

There are some big problems with RH binaries if you install a binary
which was compiled with a different compiler than the compiler system
you have installed on your system...most likely a pre RH5.1 binary
installed on a RH5.1 system. This is a gerneral RH problem and not I
suspect unique to the octave binary that you downloaded---I may be
wrong I dont know what you downloaded.

See if you can get a hold of an SRPM and compile it yourself...I think
that is the safest until RH get their act together and sort out their
compilier woes.

Hope this helps.

--Ben