Re: passing a matrix to a fortran subroutine

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: passing a matrix to a fortran subroutine
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:43:56 -0500

----------
>From: Michael J Ursiak <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: passing a matrix to a fortran subroutine
>Date: Wed, Jul 15, 1998, 1:12 PM
>extern "C"
>{
>  int F77_FCN (xstuff, XSTUFF) ( int&,int&,double*,int&);
>}
>

>I get the following error when I try to execute this newvd in octave:
>
>octave:2> y = newsvd(h)
>ld.so.1: octave: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: __f_open_nv:
>referenced in /a/kenner/lime/homes/ursiak/octave/newstuff/newsvd.oct
>Killed

I haven't seen this particular error, but here's some things I had to do
to get my .oct files working:

(1) Make sure gcc was compiled with --enable-shared.
(2) Run mkoctfile with sources, not object files, e.g.
    mkoctfile newsvd.cc xstuff.f
  not
    f77 -c xstuff.f
    mkoctfile newsvd.cc xstuff.o
(3) Make sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to your octave libs.  If you
    configured octave with --prefix=prefix_dir, then LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    should include prefix_dir/lib/octave-2.x.x (your version here)

Hope this helps.