FYI: Octave abruptly fails to run gplot

From: William D Kirby
Subject: FYI: Octave abruptly fails to run gplot
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:34:44 -0400

For information only

I discovered an interesting problem. Octave v2.0.13 worked fine a number
of times while debugging some m-files that performed plotting with
gnuplot, then it began to crash everytime it hit the gplot command.

The error message reported something like STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATED, and a
segmentation problem. After much frustration I discovered the tmp
directory was filled with unused plot data files left by a number of
the previous failed runs. Deleting them cleared up the problem.

Bill

--
William D. Kirby             Voice: (703) 273-0005
Consultant                   Email: address@hidden