RE: can't read .mat files

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: can't read .mat files
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 18:47:14 +0100 (BST)

On 09-Jun-98 Daniel Heiserer wrote:
> Hi,
> I cant read my .mat files I created with matlab into octave.
> The other way it worked. I always used the "-mat-binary" option.
> I attached the files. (they should contain a=1;)
> _oct was written with octave, _mat was written with matlab.

Probably the answer is:

Matlab-5 files cannot be read by octave at present.
Matlab-4 files can be read by octave.

"-mat-binary" files exported by octave can be read by Matlab.

In Matlab-5, save in matlab-4 format; then you can read them in octave too.

Hope this helps,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 09-Jun-98                                       Time: 18:47:14