Re[2]: Octave & C++/Octave and symbolic math

From: PETER HOPFGARTNER
Subject: Re[2]: Octave & C++/Octave and symbolic math
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 98 15:00:09 +0100

     A lot of people agree on "Do one thing and do it well".

     Anyway it migth be worthwile to spend some thougths on how to
     interface Octave and Maxima. Personally I never used Maxima so I can't
     contribute very much to such a discussion.

     Maybe that it's possible to write some simple m-file that permits to
     export data-structures in a way that Maxima can interprete these and
     vice-versa (matrices, vectors, elementary functions).

     Is Maxima currently maintained and is there a such a thing like the
     Octave web-site?

                                        Peter