pass arguments to functions without ()

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: pass arguments to functions without ()
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:51:53 -0500 (CDT)

On  4-Jun-1998, Daniel Heiserer <address@hidden> wrote:

| 1) I want to write a function, whichs syntax is  similar to "load balba
| -blabla".
| That means I want to pass the strings "balba" and "-blabla" to "load"
| without using the brackets (load("balba","-blabla")). How can i do this?

Currently, the only way to add new command-like functions is by using
DEFUN_TEXT and including the function in the Octave binary.  There is
no way to define functions like this in .m or .oct files.

| 2) How can I talk to gnuplot. I know gset, gplot, replot. Can I pipe all
| the over commands as well?
| e.g. "save" and whatever?

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.  Can you give an
example of exactly what you want to do?

jwe