help with writing my own functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: help with writing my own functions
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 13:38:50 -0500 (CDT)

On  5-May-1998, Karen L. Kalat <address@hidden> wrote:

| I am trying to write a function for use inside of Octave
| that includeS calls to functions from another library.
| I'm trying to use "mkoctfile" with the -l option to link in
| the library but when I get into Octave and call my function
| it cannot find the library.
|

| I used
| mkoctfile -l/opt/fame/frb/lib/libchli.so getfame.cc

I think the -l option should be just `-lchli' and you may also need to
use a -L/opt/fame/frb/lib option too.

  mkoctfile -L/opt/fame/frb/lib -lchli getfame.cc

If Octave still can't find the library at run-time, you may need to
set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to include
/opt/fame/frb/lib as well.

jwe