Re: Bessel function

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: Bessel function
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 21:30:02 -0500 (EST)

Michael,

  Michael>  Hello I want to use the modified Bessel funktion besselk from
  Michael> specfun archive, but this function needs the function jybess,
  Michael> which is not present in my version (2.0.9 AXP/OSF4.4 and
  Michael> Intel/Linux).  Where could I find this function ?

jybess.m and jybess_d.m can be found at

ftp://ftp.tsc.uvigo.es/pub/octave/octave-1/contrib/m-files/specfun/jybess*.m

At least, that's where I found them. They are needed to complement the (very
highly recommended) octave-ci package. Octave-ci was written by Kurt Hornik
and his students; it adds over 190 very useful functions to Octave. It can be
found at

ftp://ftp.ci.tuwien.ac.at/pub/octave/octave-ci.tar.gz

All it needs beside Octave are these two bessel functions. And as Octave
2.0.10 will contain bessel functions, this should soon become a moot point.

Regards, Dirk

--
address@hidden                 According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.