Simulations

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Simulations
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:53:14 -0600

On 12-Nov-1997, Jose Daniel Munyoz Frias <address@hidden> wrote:

| It is possible to replace the m function used by lsode to compute the
| derivatives of the ODE by a C function to speed it up. If so, can anyone
| tell me where is it documented.

Yes, it is documented in the manual for the current release, 2.0.9.
The next release will include better support for dynamically linked
functions.

| Another question is: it is possible to stop a lsode simulation and then
| restart it in the same point it stopped.

Sure, just use the last time and state values from a previous call to
lsode.  If you are asking whether lsode saves internal information
(such as the last step size used, etc.) from the prevous call, the
answer is no.  But I doubt that it will impose too much overhead for
your simulations if lsode has to perform some startup computations
again.

jwe