Reduced Echelon Form...

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick
Subject: Reduced Echelon Form...
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:13:57 -0600 (CST)

        I have a quick question for all of you Octave people... Is there
a function / way to get the reduced echelon form of a matrix using Octave?
The MatLab function is rref(), but I can't find any reference to it or
reduced echelon from any where in the octave manuals, info pages, or
mailing list archives. This is also sometime called the Gauss-Jordan
reduction method.
        I know how to do it by hand, and my HP48GX can do it, and it would
nice to be able to quickly do it with Octave as well. Thanks!

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | address@hidden  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |