Re: ginput equivalent in octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: ginput equivalent in octave
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 17:40:09 -0500

On 12-Sep-1997, Terrence Brannon <address@hidden> wrote:

| > To do this right, I think that either gnuplot must be modified or
| > Octave must use something better for graphics.  I have some plans for
| > the latter, but I have no idea when it might actually happen.
| >

| I really like PGPLOT:
|
| http://astro.caltech.edu/~tjp/pgplot/

I can't use PGPLOT with Octave because the PGPLOT copyright notice
includes the following terms that are incompatible with the GPL.

  * The PGPLOT library, both binary and source, and the PGPLOT manual   *
  * `PGPLOT Graphics Subroutine Library' are copyrighted, but available *
  * without fee for education, academic research and non-commercial     *
  * purposes. Ownership of the software remains with the California     *
  * Institute of Technology.  Users may distribute the binary and       *
  * source code to third parties provided that the copyright notice and *
  * this statement appears on all copies and that no charge is made for *
  * such copies.  Any entity wishing to integrate all or part of the    *
  * source code into a product for commercial use or resale should      *
  * contact the author at the above address.                            *

jwe