Re: still popen2 problems

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: still popen2 problems
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 20:53:18 -0400 (EDT)

Allan,

Two things come to mind:

 - 2.0.5 is too old. You should upgrade to 2.0.9. Things like this _did_
   change. I played myself with two-way pipes under 2.0.x and JWE supplied
   a patch, but I cannot remember against which 2.0.x version. Check the
   mailing list archives at the usual bevo.che.wisc.edu site.

 - Check the manual. Octave might 'know' when it is called interactively.
   You for sure want to check out 'fflush(stdout)' and the variable
   'page_output_immediately' . They are both documented on the same manual
   page. Quickest is
        $ info octave "input and output"
   if info knows where to find your Octave texinfo documentation.

Cheers, Dirk

--
 address@hidden   http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd   PGP KeyID 1024/6D7F08DD