Large factorials?

From: M. Schmidt
Subject: Large factorials?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 11:31:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I have tried to find a hint in the octave documentation, but couldn't
find one regarding the subject and the following:

Is there an easy way in octave
   either provided by built-in capabilities,
   or via programming,
   or via setup,
   or via selection of parameters
to get large factorials not as floating point numbers
but as representation of very long integers.

E.g. 50! (or in octave: prod(1:50)) does need more than 60 digits.
How can this be handled to output not in floating point numbers
but as 60+ digit integer??

I would be happy to get helpful answers as soon as possible
and I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance
Michael

--