Dec Alpha and NaN

From: Frederic Gobry
Subject: Dec Alpha and NaN
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:29:22 +0200

How  do you compile octave on  a dec alpha ?  I mean, I had no trouble
compiling it, but I  just can't use NaN values  -> FP exception raised
immediatly, even when I try to print NaN's value !

I fact, I haven't managed to  compile any simple  C code using gcc and
quiet NaN values...

Did anyone know  if there are special  options to specify  in order to
have gcc handle IEEE floating points correctly ?

Thanks a lot,
Frederic

My configuration :

        gcc 2.7.2.2