GUI & Graphics

From: HOPFGARTNER, PETER
Subject: GUI & Graphics
Date: Wed, 28 May 97 08:36:30 EST

     Maybe it's time to start a exhaustive discussion about a graphical
     user interface a plotting capabilities?

     The last couple of months I fall in love with two tools

     a) Mesa, an OpenGL-clone under GPL: I think that it could do a good
     job, mostly for surface plots, it can handle easily hidden-line and
     lighting items and produces aggrssive graphics with impressing speed.
     It shouldn't be to difficult to handle graphics with it and it's
     avaiable for almost every OS (*nix, windows, mac, amiga, ...)

     b) wxwindows, a C++ framework for making GUI on different platforms
     with the same sourcecode (avaiable for OpenLook, Motif, Windows, in
     alpha stage for Xt/Athena, Mac). I only played a bit with it, but it
     seems to be a solid piece of software and it's free (kind of
     X-Window-Licence)

                                Peter