Re: WaveLab

From: Hiro Yoshida
Subject: Re: WaveLab
Date: Fri, 16 May 97 12:53:13 -0600

Hi,

Craig P. Earls writes:
> Where did you get this one? If it is free, maybe we can adapt it?

You can point your browser to:
http://playfair.stanford.edu/~wavelab. It is free and superb, but
it contains more than 500 M-files. So it may require a lot of
work to adapt it into Octave.

root writes:
> I want to use WaveLab, a free wavelet package for matlab. Do you
> know if it works under Octave? (I have some problem with it).

I do not think it works without any complication.  I tried to
run it on Octave with some modifications a year ago, and it
turned out that most of the computation part had no problems, but
graphics part needed a significant change.  It is better to stick
on Matlab if you really wish to use the package. (I do not know
much about the latest version of Octave, but as far as it uses
Gnuplot, I believe it has the problem.)

Hiro Yoshida
Kurt Rossmann Laboratories
Department of Radiology, The University of Chicago, MC2026
5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago Illinois 60637
Phone: 773-702-1350, FAX 773-702-0371
e-mail: address@hidden