linking with ieee library

From: James Ryan
Subject: linking with ieee library
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 07:14:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

        I was trying to compile octave 2.0.5 and I came across a library
        that I didn't have libieee.?  Does anyone know where I could
        pick this library up.

        I am running Redhat Linux ver. 4.1.  I am surprised it didn't
        come with this library.

        Also, there is a nice fix for fsolve on the mailing list.  It
        allows constants to be sent to the function.  Is there a site
        that I can download this from and and not in a text
        message?

        Does the latest RPM of octave have this function implemented?
        I have an rpm a few releases past the one I saw in the rpm
        contribs.  I would rather not recompile, all I want to change is
        the fsolve routine.

Thanks all,

        James Ryan

                        EE--Virginia Tech